今天老板看我在实验室里步履蹒跚的走路，把我叫到一边谈话。当他得知我参加了这一活动，第一个问题就是 Have you taken any training? 看到我反应迟钝了一下，立刻解释到这不是 walk a mile or two, you can get yourself hurt。然后报出了一有7 - 8 个音节的医学词汇准确的概括了我的 condition，“You play tennis, you should know."
大部分美国人进行自虐活动之前都做好充分的准备，从设备到训练到应急措施。记得一次在EMS买东西，店员告诉我，"You want to have fun, not to challenge youself." 这我原来是知道的，但最近一两年由于野外活动太少，把这个重要的原则给忘了。 在硬和不平的地面上走 20 miles 这样的活动对足膝盖腰后背都有很大的伤害，怎么就草草上阵了呢？
这次之后一定要吸取教训，争取能象我老板那样五六十岁了还能每天跑圈上山下海 plus talking trash during every meeting.
- 账面上貌似 solid 的几个 big companies report big loss and file for Chapter 11.
- Major fraud emerged in certain financial institutes.
- The above two leads a severe pull-back of major indexes.
- Un-employment rate breaks the record of the last recession.
- EU falls into deep recession, which ‘triggers’ a strong rebounce of US dollar.
And the last one depends on the mentality of Fed.
- If Big Ben goes insane, the inflation will be out of control.
but more likely,
- Big Ben remains somber, and wait for a big turmoil in other part of the world to alleviate the downward pressure of the US economy.
There are only 5 topics on the list, and after almost 2 hours there are still two left, with the 3 already discussed going nowhere, and the organizer runs out of time, and he is going to schedule another call first thing tomorrow morning.
It is so amazing so many people can make a living by doing nothing.