• dawn256
  • 注册于:2004-12-31
  • 帖子:516
  • 所在地: Boston
发表于: 11/15/2005 21:54 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
For people who want to come this Saturday for the gathering, please meet outside of the HIM new research Building at 77 Avenue Louis Pasteur ar around 12:45pm this Saturday, and We will arrange to get you into the building. You can park your car along the street, should not be a problem.
Here is the map:

The one with red indicator is HIM at Avenue Louis Pasteur. It is in Longwood medical area. If you are at the intersection of Brookline and Longwood, going toward Longwood ave direction with a CVS pharmacy on the corner. Go a couple of blocks until you see the Harvard Medical School yard on your right and Avenue Louis Pasteur should be on your left. There will be a small round garden in the middle of the street.
发表于: 11/15/2005 23:33 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
I do not think so.

[quote="dawn256"]For people who want to come this Saturday for the gathering, please meet outside of the HIM new research Building at 77 Avenue Louis Pasteur ar around 12:45pm this Saturday, and We will arrange to get you into the building. You can park your car along the street, should not be a problem.
  • dawn256
发表于: 11/16/2005 12:33 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
[quote="mountainlake"]I do not think so.

dawn256 写到:
For people who want to come this Saturday for the gathering, please meet outside of the HIM new research Building at 77 Avenue Louis Pasteur ar around 12:45pm this Saturday, and We will arrange to get you into the building. You can park your car along the street, should not be a problem.

Is it right? Hope people familar with Longwood area can clearify. Thanks.
发表于: 11/16/2005 12:54 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
[quote="dawn256"]
mountainlake 写到:
I do not think so.

dawn256 写到:

Is it right? Hope people familar with Longwood area can clearify. Thanks.

NO :!:
I got a ticket of $75 last time I parked there on Saturday... cry
(Luckily I got it dismissed finally. smile )
Sunday is OK, I think.
  • dawn256
发表于: 11/16/2005 14:57 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
Thanks Peachleaf MM. I guess we have to come up of some other options for people driving here.
  • shutterbug
  • 注册于:2004-09-20
  • 帖子:698
发表于: 11/17/2005 15:01 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
so what's the solution to the parking problem now?
发表于: 11/17/2005 15:54 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
If parking on Ave Louis Pasteur is not okay on Saturday. I think it would be better to find the meter parking on Brookline Ave.. It is should be the closest site I can think of.

Otherwise, you can park at the parking lot of Latin School. Parking during the weekend at that place should be fine. The parking lot is right opposite to the NRB Building on Ave Louis Pasteur.
发表于: 11/17/2005 16:45 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
最好找METER或GARAGE吧,你们不怕停LATIN SCHOOL车被拖走啊。
  • Tableau
  • 注册于:2005-01-30
  • 帖子:292
发表于: 11/17/2005 21:25 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
Hi Dawn,

I'd like to join smile
I think can take the M2 shuttle to your building directly.
But can someone give me a ride for the actions after that?

I have a Harvard ID, but can I use it there (mine is a GSAS ID)?

btw, do you have a slide projector, so someone like Kurt
could show his "real" slides?
  • dawn256
发表于: 11/17/2005 22:04 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用

Here is the map.
#1--intersection of Brookline and Longwood ave.
#3--the place we meet: Harvard Institute of Medicine, on Avenue Louis Pasteur.

For parking:
1. Meter parking along Brookline Avenue, near Beth Israel Med Center East (on the map), then walk to Longwood avenue
2. Meter parking along Huntington Avenue, which is near #4 on the map. If you come from Longwood ave, turn right onto Huntington, there should be meter parking (near Harvard School of Public Health on Huntington). Hopefully it is not crowded on Saturday.
3. At #4 on the map, is a road called St. Alphonsus Street, belong to Roxbury. Parking on that street is free, (Colder told me that, but if you get a ticket for parking there, let me know, I will pay it smile ).
4. Another option is to park at D line Longwood station, there are a couple of meters there, 1 quarter for 50 min. Approximately near #2 on the map. Then you can walk along Riverway to Longwood then to our meeting place (a bit far though).

For people taking subway, you can either get out at Kenmore square, walk along Brookline Avenue to Longwood Avenue. Or you can take D line to Longwood stop (#2 on the map). If you know the trick, you can take the shortcut through riverway, to Brookline Avenue. If you do not, then walk to Longwood ave.

Hope this could help. Maybe we can change to Sunday meeting in the future since parking would be easier.

And I repeat, we will meet around 12:45 outside of Harvard Institute of medicine on Avenue Louis Pasteur. People who want to come and who don't have my phone number, please drop me a mail. I will send you my phone number.

If you still have questions, please contact me.
  • dawn256
发表于: 11/17/2005 22:06 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
Looks like the map is blurred somehow. If you want to see a more clear map, go to this link:
http://www.pbase.com/xue2004/image/52401702
  • dawn256
发表于: 11/17/2005 22:11 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
E line also has stop near Longwood and Huntington, in case there are people taking E line.
  • dawn256
发表于: 11/17/2005 22:15 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
Tableau 写到:
Hi Dawn,

I'd like to join smile
I think can take the M2 shuttle to your building directly.
But can someone give me a ride for the actions after that?

I have a Harvard ID, but can I use it there (mine is a GSAS ID)?

btw, do you have a slide projector, so someone like Kurt
could show his "real" slides?

After you get there, there should be a way to send you home smile
For the ID, we will see when we get there.
I remember somebody said he has a slide projector. I will ask Kurt later.
See you there.
  • dawn256
发表于: 11/17/2005 22:39 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
Because of the parking problem, after the meeting, if it is still early, and if people are interested in going out for a shooting, I think we can go to Southern Boston, along Quincy shore, to the place Hubert said, Squaw Rock park,

Near #5 on the map, or go further south, along the shore Dr. Or go further south to Hull.

People who have maps for that area, please bring maps with you.
  • suyu1997
  • 注册于:2004-09-20
  • 帖子:495
  • 所在地: Waltham
发表于: 11/18/2005 09:06 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
dawn256 写到:

Susu, as we will go out for shooting either the sunset or the night shooting afterwards, can you include some of the things we need to know about sunset/nightshooting?

Since it's cold, please wear properly, especially, your gloves. To get a decent shot, bring your tripod.