• suyu1997
  • 注册于:2004-09-20
  • 帖子:495
  • 所在地: Waltham
发表于: 10/12/2004 14:44 发表主题: Lodging info
引用并回复 快速引用
To those who will join this activity:

I have reserved 3 room for this coming Friday and Saturday. The motel is called Dreamwood Pines Motel, located on Rt 3, about 5 miles from Bar Harbor, and it is phone number is 207-288-9717. Somebody please remember to remind me to call them for detailed location after we leave.
This reservation is not cancellable, so please be considerate when you think about changing your mind.
  • suyu1997
发表于: 10/12/2004 14:56 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
Forgot one thing, the rate for the motel is $68 + tax for each night each room.
发表于: 10/12/2004 15:30 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
Many thanks for Suyu
  • suyu1997
发表于: 10/12/2004 15:58 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
I support the suggestion of driving rental cars.
  • r418mot
  • 帖子:2787
  • 所在地: 加州
发表于: 10/12/2004 17:01 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
Thanks to Suyu for the work well done.

Greentea,

whitesand and I plan to go for a 3 day trip. Please confirm that you and your friend will have a 3 day trip also.
  • Dynasty
  • 注册于:2004-10-01
  • 帖子:58
  • 所在地: norton
发表于: 10/13/2004 10:17 发表主题: my 2 cents
引用并回复 快速引用
dude, you can try 2 west the mohawk trail follow it to Albany. west mass makes no difference with southern vermont or upstate new york. I have been leef peeping couple times, the north of the white mtn. is the best place to see the foliage and mountains while southern vermont is the best foliage and farmland scene place. my 2 cents.

r418mot 写到:
I have tried some places in Massachusetts and all of them are quite disappointing. Can you recommend any places that are definitely good?

suyu1997 写到:
Then, how about find a scenic mountain nearby to both hike and take pictures?

• r418mot
  • 帖子:2787
  • 所在地: 加州
发表于: 10/13/2004 10:23 发表主题: Re: my 2 cents
引用并回复 快速引用
Hi,

Please check when I posted that message. It was in September. Do you think R2 was good at that time?

To tell you the truth, we just went through R2 last weekend.

I never have had any problem to find a place to shoot pictures in foliage season.

Thank you anyway though.

Dynasty 写到:
dude, you can try 2 west the mohawk trail follow it to Albany. west mass makes no difference with southern vermont or upstate new york. I have been leef peeping couple times, the north of the white mtn. is the best place to see the foliage and mountains while southern vermont is the best foliage and farmland scene place. my 2 cents.

r418mot 写到:
I have tried some places in Massachusetts and all of them are quite disappointing. Can you recommend any places that are definitely good?

suyu1997 写到:
Then, how about find a scenic mountain nearby to both hike and take pictures?

最后进行编辑的是 r418mot on 10/13/2004 11:34, 总计第 1 次编辑
  • shutterbug
  • 帖子:698
  • 所在地: Boston
发表于: 10/13/2004 11:23 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
Guys/Gals,

Please keep an eye on the weather forcast so we can plan ahead what we can do in Arcadia. Saturday's weather may not be that great though.
  • suyu1997
发表于: 10/13/2004 11:42 发表主题: Acadia trip plan.
引用并回复 快速引用
We can have a rough plan drawn on Friday by considering the weather forecast then. I know that area pretty well (maybe someone elses also do), and I can make a plan while driving there. Trust me, there is always something to do in Acadia. If it heavily rains, we can still take pictures of our lobster dinner, right?

shutterbug 写到:
Guys/Gals,

Please keep an eye on the weather forcast so we can plan ahead what we can do in Arcadia. Saturday's weather may not be that great though.

• suyu1997
发表于: 10/13/2004 11:48 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
To those who will take a van to Acadia:

1. I have already reserved a minivan.
2. If you are an experienced driver and want to drive, please let me know, because the rental company may need your information.
3. I plan to drive to Alewife subway station to pick up you guys at 4:30pm on this coming Friday. If you can not make it, please let me know ASAP so that we can rearrange it.
  • suyu1997
发表于: 10/13/2004 12:01 发表主题: Things to bring to Acadia
引用并回复 快速引用
Hi folks,

I have a rough list for things to bring for this trip:

1. Personal stuff, such as, toothbrush, enough coats. Do not laugh, these are most important, otherwise, your trip will be a terrible experience. The temperature might be low during dawn.
2. Raincoat or umbrella, since the forecast says there is a good chance to rain.
3. Photo gear. I have remind that a tripod is essential.
4. Other small things: battery charger, enough memory cards, etc.
5. The breakfast for Saturday morning. I prefer also to bring some food for Friday's dinner, so we can save some driving time and still have something to do if we are jammed while we are struggling on I-95.
6. Keep your bag(s) as small as possible.
7. The only Chinese restaurant in Bar Harbor is horrible, so be prepared.

Please update this list if you think necessary.

I do not have time to call each and every person, so I will put future updates here if there are.
发表于: 10/13/2004 12:20 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
I am not interested the Chinese restaurant in Bar Harbor. I am interested in lobsters. tongue
  • shutterbug
发表于: 10/13/2004 14:57 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
colder98 写到:
I am not interested the Chinese restaurant in Bar Harbor. I am interested in lobsters. tongue

Don't set you expectation too high for the lobsters in Bar Harbor wink I may not want to try it at all this time
  • Annie
  • 帖子:7448
发表于: 10/13/2004 15:32 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
先预祝大家玩得开心,多按快门,多吃龙虾 support

下面是我上次去Acadia的一点小tips,希望有点用:

1。公园门票:只有要去Mount Cadillac的顶(Acadia最高峰)才需要买门票,我9月初去的时候是每辆车20元。如果你有国家公园通用的那种门票,Acadia也可以用,就不用另买。要买的话在Visitor Info Center有卖。
2。汽油:岛上有不少加油站,大部分的汽油并不比外面贵多少。总之那边的物价比起boston来还是便宜一些。

3。每个景点基本都有小停车场,比较popular的就稍大点
4。有许多的各种特色Trail可以hike,比如nature trail什么的,不过我猜大家这次不打算怎么hike。除了Mount Cadiallac可以开车上去,其他的小山峰都只能hike上去。我上次只hike了一个Beech Mt.,觉得风景一般,也可能是因为我没有一双善于发现美的眼睛。

5。但我还是由衷地认为,Acadia真的是很美很美的
6。如果大家忘记什么必要的东西,在Ellsworth有很多购物Mall,Walmart、Shaws都有。Ellsworth距Bar Harbor开3号路大概20mile不到点。

7。Ellsworth那边有个chinese buffet,很便宜,但是也没什么好吃的
8。要去海边拍摄的话,记得提早查好潮水情况,算好时间去。有些景点,比如Thunder Hole,潮高的时候更有劲。有些地方可能又是退潮的时候好。

9。Acadia的Visitor Info Center在Hull Cove西南面大概半个mile的地方。可以先去那里拿些地图,问些信息什么的。各景点潮水时间表就在某张他们给的地图上。各种Hike的trail也在地图上。那里好象是每15分钟放一场Acadia的介绍片,看看挺好的,对Acadia可以先有个大致的印象。
10。岛上有不少邮局,但都是周六中午12点关门,所以想要买邮票的务必赶在这个时间之前到达。要寄明信片的话,自己带好邮票是个好办法,到时候找个邮筒就行了。

11。手机:Verizon, AT&T, T-mobile的手机在Acadia基本都没信号,所以大家尽量别走散了。或者事先讲好一个地方,万一走散了就在那里碰头。
12。路线:去的时候开的哪条路不记得了,因为有人非要坐在副驾驶上炫耀新买的GPS,效果一般吧,除了造成confusion和delay以外。回来的路我一个人没地图,所以还记得,在motel里经当地人指点,开的是3、1、395、95、93,很快就到家了。路上不停也不堵车的话,大概四个半小时从Ellsworth到Fenway。

13。motel里都有各种旅游项目的小册子,晚上住下后不妨先研究研究,看看除了拍照还想玩点什么。那次有个红帆的大船,我老是远远的看见,喜欢了不得了,后来才知道可以上去cruise的,后悔呀后悔。
14。刚才想到什么的,一下子又忘了,真是早老性痴呆。

15。吃喝玩乐拍,大家去尽我未完成的事业吧! Laughing Success
  • shutterbug
发表于: 10/13/2004 16:32 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
Annie 写到:
先预祝大家玩得开心,多按快门,多吃龙虾 support

下面是我上次去Acadia的一点小tips,希望有点用:

1。公园门票:只有要去Mount Cadillac的顶(Acadia最高峰)才需要买门票,我9月初去的时候是每辆车20元。如果你有国家公园通用的那种门票,Acadia也可以用,就不用另买。要买的话在Visitor Info Center有卖。
2。汽油:岛上有不少加油站,大部分的汽油并不比外面贵多少。总之那边的物价比起boston来还是便宜一些。

3。每个景点基本都有小停车场,比较popular的就稍大点
4。有许多的各种特色Trail可以hike,比如nature trail什么的,不过我猜大家这次不打算怎么hike。除了Mount Cadiallac可以开车上去,其他的小山峰都只能hike上去。我上次只hike了一个Beech Mt.,觉得风景一般,也可能是因为我没有一双善于发现美的眼睛。

5。但我还是由衷地认为,Acadia真的是很美很美的
6。如果大家忘记什么必要的东西,在Ellsworth有很多购物Mall,Walmart、Shaws都有。Ellsworth距Bar Harbor开3号路大概20mile不到点。

7。Ellsworth那边有个chinese buffet,很便宜,但是也没什么好吃的
8。要去海边拍摄的话,记得提早查好潮水情况,算好时间去。有些景点,比如Thunder Hole,潮高的时候更有劲。有些地方可能又是退潮的时候好。

9。Acadia的Visitor Info Center在Hull Cove西南面大概半个mile的地方。可以先去那里拿些地图,问些信息什么的。各景点潮水时间表就在某张他们给的地图上。各种Hike的trail也在地图上。那里好象是每15分钟放一场Acadia的介绍片,看看挺好的,对Acadia可以先有个大致的印象。
10。岛上有不少邮局,但都是周六中午12点关门,所以想要买邮票的务必赶在这个时间之前到达。要寄明信片的话,自己带好邮票是个好办法,到时候找个邮筒就行了。

11。手机:Verizon, AT&T, T-mobile的手机在Acadia基本都没信号,所以大家尽量别走散了。或者事先讲好一个地方,万一走散了就在那里碰头。
12。路线:去的时候开的哪条路不记得了,因为有人非要坐在副驾驶上炫耀新买的GPS,效果一般吧,除了造成confusion和delay以外。回来的路我一个人没地图,所以还记得,在motel里经当地人指点,开的是3、1、395、95、93,很快就到家了。路上不停也不堵车的话,大概四个半小时从Ellsworth到Fenway。

13。motel里都有各种旅游项目的小册子,晚上住下后不妨先研究研究,看看除了拍照还想玩点什么。那次有个红帆的大船,我老是远远的看见,喜欢了不得了,后来才知道可以上去cruise的,后悔呀后悔。
14。刚才想到什么的,一下子又忘了,真是早老性痴呆。

15。吃喝玩乐拍,大家去尽我未完成的事业吧! Laughing Success

补充一点:
手机在Acadia的有些地方有信号,有些地方没有信号,所以有walki talkie 的可以带上。设成channel 7
Bar Harbor餐馆的龙虾并不便宜,做的也不好。上次连吃3顿,回Boston后有两个月听不得龙虾这个词
有谁早到得话,能不能到Visitor Info Center拿点资料