• suyu1997
  • 注册于:2004-09-20
  • 帖子:495
  • 所在地: Waltham
发表于: 11/02/2004 08:59 发表主题: The joy of using a DSLR
引用并回复 快速引用
I finally got a chance to organize (a small part of) the pictures I took using this new toy and found I took 600+ picture in the past 2 weeks.
My general impression is:
Disadvantage: photos taken with D70 are better than those scanned from 35mm slides, but still far behind 35mm slides viewed directly on a light table; too many photos to organize.
Advantages: I can/am willing to take pictures in the situations that I would bother to with a film camera, and that enables me to catch some nice shots; I can try different compositions, exposures, or techniques without worrying about film cost; I can get instant feedback on the photos I took and make corrections if necessary; most importantly, I won't go through the frustrating scanning process.
  • Annie
  • 帖子:7448
发表于: 11/02/2004 10:29 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
对!就是这个理!数码的最大好处就是,每天回家没事了,就按它几百下快门玩儿 牛

用D70这样的或者更好的,都不太需要考虑构图什么的,瞄个差不多就来回按十几下快门,构图等回家稍微裁一裁就出来了。两个礼拜六百张一点也不多,光那个游行我的摇头机就按了有三四百,要是给我DSLR,还不知道什么结果。最近看Compact Flash1G的从七八十块起,2G的从一百五十多块起,真是太诱人了。想想当初LG花三五百块买128M的CF还觉得便宜,简直是冤大头吗。

至于整理大量的图片,也不难。Mac上的iPhoto用于整理图片很方便,PC上的ACDSee也是,这些图书馆功能的软件都只有一些简单的图片处理功能,如果只是屏幕上看看倒也足够。单张图片的的精细后期制作还是得用用Photoshop或其他更专业的软件。

记得一年级的时候marketing课的team project做的是胶卷的case,我就说film在近几年的市场就只有一次性相机和部分专业摄影用,再往后就doom了。有个teammate的舅舅是开冲洗店的,他打死也不愿意相信,和我争了个面红耳赤。前几个月的摄影杂志上都说专业摄影师都开始越来越多地用数码了,现在suyu也用了,估计mot也快了,看来我的预言就要实现了。 Laughing

最后进行编辑的是 Annie on 11/03/2004 18:52, 总计第 1 次编辑
发表于: 11/02/2004 11:15 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
I bought my 300D half yr ago. It barely reaches 1000 clicks. I am not sure the advantage of DSLR is to grant people shot as many as they can. Like a machine gun shooting a fly, it can get it eventually, but so what, is there any good for improving your skill if you just want to find a 'good one' from hundreds and thousands of junks? I doubt it.

Actually, after looking at Suyu and Mot's pics, we can make a conclusion that film camera has it advantages compared with DSLR, which are better resolution (I have mentioned during the discussion with Mot.), better color saturation before image proceeing, and so on.

DSLR is a very good tool for learning photography by trying differet ways at low cost. But I wish that some day I can go back to film camera to try a different feeling what I probably cannot acquired from DSLR. I am not saying that DSLR cannot do serious work. A lot of people did wonderful jobs, like shutterbug, whitesand, arboo, pbxmeis, and of course, Annie. But the more you use DSLR, the more shortcomings and constraints you will find from DSLR, just as those being complained by film users. The best way in my opinion is to find a balance for what really you want to get during photography by combining both F and D camera.
  • Annie
  • 帖子:7448
发表于: 11/02/2004 11:30 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
colder98 写到:
Like a machine gun shooting a fly,

这个比喻真是挺贴切的。。。
每次和mot一起出去拍照片的时候,总是觉得他是那种很厉害的狙击型,一枪消灭一个敌人,弹无虚发。而我是低级机关枪型,扫一遍,打不死也打个烂 Laughing 不过要是给我拿到高级机关枪,那就不一样了。
  • shutterbug
  • 帖子:698
  • 所在地: Boston
发表于: 11/03/2004 16:00 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
I am from traditional film camera shooter, and converted to digital shooter. Digital camera has it's distinctive advantage, but they are not the same. If it were not for the concern of film cost, I would shoot both at the same time. I do shoot far more when I use digital camera, but I rarely use my camera like a "machine gun". When I shoot slides, I usually have less than 10 keepers from one 36 role. When I shoot digital, I have lower percentage keepers compared to slides, but not too far. The only time I shoot like using a "machine gun" is the time when I shoot PPMM portrait wink