• U-turn
  • 注册于:2004-11-04
  • 帖子:44
发表于: 11/05/2004 21:33 发表主题: Sculptures (A rare topic in this forum)
引用并回复 快速引用
The innocence of goddess

Carrison the abolitionist (It was his contemplation that'd caught my eyes)

Commonwealth Avenue in her opinion

发表于: 11/06/2004 11:50 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
I like the second one. I also noticed the 'contemplation' and tried one shot. However, I feel that either of them may not emphasize the 'contemplation' well enough. Yours may be better. Does anyone have better suggestion or examples?

I feel the difficulties to capture good images of sculptures since all the items are fixed. I guess to find a good angel will be the key to take good pics for sculptures, like the one from whitesand.
May I borrow the place to put two of pics that I shot with Mot's suggestion. Welcome comments and suggestions.

• U-turn
  • 注册于:2004-11-04
  • 帖子:44
发表于: 11/06/2004 12:28 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
Colder,

Thanks for your input and especially the positive attitude. I agree that 'angle' matters.

Comparisons are welcome since we took a while to shoot these sculptures that day.
  • suyu1997
  • 注册于:2004-09-20
  • 帖子:495
  • 所在地: Waltham
发表于: 11/08/2004 08:26 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
I personally prefer the first one.
In the second one, 1. there is a big white spot right in front of the lady's face, which is distracting, 2. there is too much space in front of her eyes, which has a hint that the lady is looking at something, but she is actually comtemplating, 3. I personally do not like to have somebody's hand cut in the middle.

colder98 写到:
I feel the difficulties to capture good images of sculptures since all the items are fixed. I guess to find a good angel will be the key to take good pics for sculptures, like the one from whitesand.
May I borrow the place to put two of pics that I shot with Mot's suggestion. Welcome comments and suggestions.

发表于: 11/08/2004 22:16 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
suyu1997 写到:
I personally prefer the first one.
In the second one, 1. there is a big white spot right in front of the lady's face, which is distracting, 2. there is too much space in front of her eyes, which has a hint that the lady is looking at something, but she is actually comtemplating, 3. I personally do not like to have somebody's hand cut in the middle.

Thank suyu for the comments. I guess we have different taste for these two pics. But it is realy good to hear from your opinion.

I actually don't like the first one. Because I feel that I took too much arm of the lady. Plus, I don't think that I am able to show people the contemplation of the lady by taking pic from the side of the statue because the eye of the statue is so attractive from the side (Maybe I was wrong). So I decided to mislead myself and interprete the pose of statue as 'looking at sth'. Just for fun. But I am glad that you pointed out 'looking at sth', which is what I wanted to show.