• r418mot
  • 注册于:2004-09-20
  • 帖子:2787
  • 所在地: 加州
发表于: 12/06/2004 09:50 发表主题: Technical Q&A
引用并回复 快速引用
To post this for the convenience of asking technical questions. You are welcome to ask any questions regarding the choice of equipment, exposure, and focus etc. That is to say, any technical questions for photography. However, this posting is not about reviewing photos and composition skills. Those things can be better done by posting your photos and asking for comments. Of course you can post photos to show some technical issues but not for other things.

Your technical questions are welcome.
  • arboo
  • 注册于:2004-09-30
  • 帖子:132
发表于: 12/06/2004 09:54 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
牛 谢谢LM :)
  • suyu1997
  • 帖子:495
  • 所在地: Waltham
发表于: 12/06/2004 10:09 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
Let me raise the first question.

LM, does the autofocus still work when you insert the Kenko extension tubes behind your whatever lens?
  • r418mot
发表于: 12/06/2004 10:22 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
EVERYTHING is fine with my Tamron 17-35, Nikon 35-70 and Sigma 70-200 lenses except that the focus range is very limited. I should say it is useless to work with my 17-35 lens because the focus range may be less than 1 cm (say, 6-7 cm). The thinnest tube is useful with my 70-200 lens because it reduces the minimum focus distance from 1.8 m to 0.8 m. Yet the other 2 tubes are not very useful with 70-200 lens because of the same problem as above. The tubes work best with my 35-70 lens. However, it is still a pain on the bXXX becuase I often cannot find good viewpoint with the tube attached and I have to change tubes frequently.

suyu1997 写到:
Let me raise the first question.

LM, does the autofocus still work when you insert the Kenko extension tubes behind your whatever lens?

• blueZ
  • 帖子:5593
发表于: 12/06/2004 11:17 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
LM, 能不能帮忙troubleshoot 一下,为什么照片会照成这样? 怎么对着太阳拍景物?

• r418mot
发表于: 12/06/2004 12:13 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
Generally, you should avoid shooting directly to the sun. This is a tough situation and most of the time, even the best equipment cannot give satisfactory results.

Usually to take backlit pictures, you should keep the lenses extremely clean without any dirt or fog. You must also remove all the filters if there is any.

First, try not to include the sun in the frame. Second, even if you cannot see the sun from the viewfinder, you must prevent the sunshine from hitting the lens surface directly. If you use an SLR, you must use a lens hood. Check whether the sunshine has hit the lens if you use a P&S camera or after fitting the hood for your SLR cmaera. If it does, ask your companion to shade the camera lens or use your 2nd hand to shade the lens. Pay attention not to include the hand in the frame.

If you really want to include the sun in the frame, use an SLR camera. No P&S camera can complete this task. If you use an SLR, you must use the best lenses (generally fixed focal length lenses are preferred to zoom lenses) without any filter on. Some experts use filters in that situation but most people don't know the tricks.

blueZ 写到:

• blueZ
  • 帖子:5593
发表于: 12/06/2004 14:11 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
LM, thanks a lot!!!! you are really an expert... never realized there are so many tricks in photographing ... I should join your club, and learn these skills!

牛 牛 牛
rose rose rose

r418mot 写到:
Generally, you should avoid shooting directly to the sun. This is a tough situation and most of the time, even the best equipment cannot give satisfactory results.

Usually to take backlit pictures, you should keep the lenses extremely clean without any dirt or fog. You must also remove all the filters if there is any.

First, try not to include the sun in the frame. Second, even if you cannot see the sun from the viewfinder, you must prevent the sunshine from hitting the lens surface directly. If you use an SLR, you must use a lens hood. Check whether the sunshine has hit the lens if you use a P&S camera or after fitting the hood for your SLR cmaera. If it does, ask your companion to shade the camera lens or use your 2nd hand to shade the lens. Pay attention not to include the hand in the frame.

If you really want to include the sun in the frame, use an SLR camera. No P&S camera can complete this task. If you use an SLR, you must use the best lenses (generally fixed focal length lenses are preferred to zoom lenses) without any filter on. Some experts use filters in that situation but most people don't know the tricks.

blueZ 写到:

• Mira
  • 注册于:2004-10-26
  • 帖子:892
发表于: 12/06/2004 23:53 发表主题: how to save pictures and upload online in pictureproject?
引用并回复 快速引用
I transfered the photos from camera into Nikon pictureproject software, but couldn't save them, and couldn't upload them, either. frustrated
Please give me some suggestion, thanks in advance! oops
  • r418mot
发表于: 12/07/2004 08:55 发表主题: Re: how to save pictures and upload online in pictureproject
引用并回复 快速引用
I don't have Nikon D70 so I cannot answer your questions.

Any volunteers?

Mira 写到:
I transfered the photos from camera into Nikon pictureproject software, but couldn't save them, and couldn't upload them, either. frustrated

• r00t
  • 注册于:2004-10-10
  • 帖子:17
发表于: 12/07/2004 09:23 发表主题: Re: how to save pictures and upload online in pictureproject
引用并回复 快速引用
Mira,

To save from PictureProject, select the pictures you want to save, then choose form menu, File->Export as Jpeg Files.

To upload, you need NikonNet membership.

Mira 写到:

• suyu1997
发表于: 12/07/2004 09:45 发表主题: Re: how to save pictures and upload online in pictureproject
引用并回复 快速引用
The best way is to use Photoshop. Pictureproject is rather limited. You need to find a place to host your photos.

Mira 写到:

• Mira
发表于: 12/07/2004 10:27 发表主题: Re: how to save pictures and upload online in pictureproject
引用并回复 快速引用
Thank you very much! I will try it tonight!

r00t 写到:
Mira,

To save from PictureProject, select the pictures you want to save, then choose form menu, File->Export as Jpeg Files.

To upload, you need NikonNet membership.

Mira 写到:

• Mira
发表于: 12/07/2004 10:29 发表主题: Re: how to save pictures and upload online in pictureproject
引用并回复 快速引用
Hi, susu,

Which version of Photoshop r u using? Thank you very much!

suyu1997 写到:
The best way is to use Photoshop. Pictureproject is rather limited. You need to find a place to host your photos.

Mira 写到:

• suyu1997
发表于: 12/07/2004 14:06 发表主题: Re: how to save pictures and upload online in pictureproject
引用并回复 快速引用
I use Photoshop CS.

Mira 写到:
Hi, susu,

• Mira
发表于: 12/07/2004 15:11 发表主题: Re: how to save pictures and upload online in pictureproject
引用并回复 快速引用
Hi, susu,

Thank you very much! I am going to DL this software, and try it.

suyu1997 写到:
I use Photoshop CS.

Mira 写到:
Hi, susu,