• r418mot
  • 注册于:2004-09-20
  • 帖子:2787
  • 所在地: 加州
发表于: 6/14/2004 09:59 发表主题: Butterfly pictures
引用并回复 快速引用
Hi, please find the butterfly pictures I took in Butterfly Place in Westford, MA. Because that was the first time I took insect pictures, I didn't pick the aperture setting well for the pictures. In all the pictures, I used the aperture of 2.8 but actually I should have used 4 or 5.6. This is really a difficult decision because if I choose 2.8, the depth of field is too small but if I choose smaller aperture, I couldn't freeze the fast movement of butterflies.

Please make your comments. All the pictures were taken using Sigma 70-200/2.8 HSM lens and Nikon N80 camera body plus Kenko 12 mm extention tube. The film is Kodak Elitechrome Extra Color slide film (EBX). The filter is Nikon 81A warming up filter.

发表于: 6/14/2004 12:00 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
:D The pictures are so beautiful!
发表于: 6/14/2004 14:02 发表主题: Re: Butterfly pictures
引用并回复 快速引用
That was soooooooooooooooooo good!!

I am definitely going to all of your activities outings!!! [^]

太棒了!! As if they knew you were taking a picture, and they were posing for you! 感觉好象那小蝴蝶在走CAT WALK 一样~~~~~~~ 我都好象变成了个蝴碟,和它们是同伴一样.........太身临其境了.

我晕头转向~~~~~~~~

发表于: 6/14/2004 14:12 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
Great pictures! 只可惜我的鉴赏能力太次, 提不出什么有建设性的建议. 只能大赞一声"好", "好极了"!!! [^]
发表于: 6/15/2004 11:48 发表主题: comments
引用并回复 快速引用
LM,

Nice work. Apparently butterfly helps in distinguishing Nikon's superb optical performances. Oh, you are using a Sigma lens...It will be more convincing if you could show the difference between pictures taken with aperture 2.8 and 5.6, in terms of scene depth. To me, there ain't much scene depths, per say, for these closed-range photos.

But these photos are spectacular, no question about it.