• r418mot
  • 注册于:2004-09-20
  • 帖子:2787
  • 所在地: 加州
发表于: 2/21/2005 22:26 发表主题: Hedgehog Mountain Hike
引用并回复 快速引用
Yesterday went there with a couple of people. It is a mountain by Route 112 in White Mountain. We hiked along UNH trail. The loop is about 5 + miles with elevation gain about 1500 feet. There are 4 overview points and the views are good. The 4 places are East Ledge, Mount Hedgehog, West Ledge and Allen's Ledge.

Recommend this hike to hiking fans. I just wonder whether there is still any except blueZ.

• Johann
  • 帖子:10060
发表于: 2/21/2005 23:46 发表主题: Re: Hedgehog Mountain Hike
引用并回复 快速引用
There are some, but the ski season is not over yet.

r418mot 写到:
Yesterday went there with a couple of people. It is a mountain by Route 112 in White Mountain. We hiked along UNH trail. The loop is about 5 + miles with elevation gain about 1500 feet. There are 4 overview points and the views are good. The 4 places are East Ledge, Mount Hedgehog, West Ledge and Allen's Ledge.

Recommend this hike to hiking fans. I just wonder whether there is still any except blueZ.

• xy
  • 帖子:2525
  • 所在地: MA
发表于: 2/22/2005 08:28 发表主题: Re: Hedgehog Mountain Hike
引用并回复 快速引用
就是, 没得雪滑了, 就开爬. 所以别着急, 会有人的.

Johann 写到:

r418mot 写到:

• WoJian
  • 注册于:2005-01-19
  • 帖子:13725
发表于: 2/22/2005 08:43 发表主题: Re: Hedgehog Mountain Hike
引用并回复 快速引用
tondemonai 写到:

support support

---我见 :)

• blueZ
  • 帖子:5593
发表于: 2/22/2005 15:34 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
support support support

不过 5 + miles is too short for me.
oops oops oops

10 miles 还差不多!
8) 8) 8)
I was/am too busy recently. Will back to hike (and ski) soon. happy

一起去这个吧
Mt. Pierce, Mt. Jackson and Mt. Webster

Mt. Pierce and Mt. Jackson

This is done by taking the Crawford Path to its junction with the Webster Cliff Trail, then following that trail over Mt. Pierce to Mt. Jackson, and descending by the Jackson branch of the Webster-Jackson Trail. The loop, in either direction is 8.3 miles, 2,650 feet, 5:30. The section between Mizpah hut and the summit of Pierce is steep and rough. The two trails have have separate trailheads, but they are so close together that there is no need for a second car.

Mt. Jackson and Mt. Webster

Doing these two peaks by the Webster-Jackson trail (in either direction) is a classic loop (6.5 miles, 2,500 feet, 4:30). Mt. Webster is not a 4,000 footer, but it has great views into Crawford Notch.
  • Greentea
  • 帖子:3170
发表于: 2/22/2005 16:02 发表主题: Re: Hedgehog Mountain Hike
引用并回复 快速引用
Mot, nice shot! Thanks a lot for recommending this trail rose Personally, I feel skiing down the black diamond trails is way more challenging and stimulating than hiking up a 5/mile trail with 1500 ft vertical gain. I guess that's why the majority of hikers have become addictive to skiing this winter smile

BlueZ, BlueJay, peachleaf and Guojiu:
I'm very sorry that I didn't organize the Mt. Pierce/Jackson snow hiking as I proposed early in January. I was too busy this month Sad BlueZ, if you organize it, I'll support you. smile
  • Mira
  • 注册于:2004-10-26
  • 帖子:892
发表于: 2/22/2005 17:21 发表主题: Re: Hedgehog Mountain Hike
引用并回复 快速引用
r418mot 写到:

The 2nd one is my favoriate. BTW, if you guys want to hike in the near future, let me know, I will try to make it.

happy
发表于: 2/22/2005 17:39 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
If BlueZ organizes, it will be 10+ miles... cry

I went hiking last Sunday too, but only for two hours at blue hills. oops
  • r418mot
发表于: 2/22/2005 18:54 发表主题: Re: Hedgehog Mountain Hike
引用并回复 快速引用
怕就怕到时候只有人爬自虐的trail,像这样比较有娱乐性和观赏性的hike就没有人参加了。

tondemonai 写到:

Johann 写到:

r418mot 写到:

• r418mot
发表于: 2/22/2005 19:03 发表主题: Re: Hedgehog Mountain Hike
引用并回复 快速引用
Thanks but I don't think those pictures are really good photographs, only some snapshots. Personally I like to spend some time to enjoy views in mountains so I prefer hiking to skiing.

Greentea 写到:
Mot, nice shot! Thanks a lot for recommending this trail rose Personally, I feel skiing down the black diamond trails is way more challenging and stimulating than hiking up a 5/mile trail with 1500 ft vertical gain. I guess that's why the majority of hikers have become addictive to skiing this winter smile

BlueZ, BlueJay, peachleaf and Guojiu:
I'm very sorry that I didn't organize the Mt. Pierce/Jackson snow hiking as I proposed early in January. I was too busy this month Sad BlueZ, if you organize it, I'll support you. smile

• WoJian
  • 注册于:2005-01-19
  • 帖子:13725
发表于: 2/22/2005 20:02 发表主题: Re: Hedgehog Mountain Hike
引用并回复 快速引用
You don't have to ski all the time. You can take all the time you want and take as many shots as you want. smile

...then you can put the camera back to the locker and enjoy ski.smile

r418mot 写到:
Personally I like to spend some time to enjoy views in mountains so I prefer hiking to skiing.

---我见 :)

• xy
发表于: 2/22/2005 20:40 发表主题: Re: Hedgehog Mountain Hike
引用并回复 快速引用
什么样的trail是自虐的trail, 什么是比较有娱乐性和观赏性的hike? 给个严格精确的数学定义吧, 以后就照您定义的标准分门别类.

r418mot 写到:
怕就怕到时候只有人爬自虐的trail,像这样比较有娱乐性和观赏性的hike就没有人参加了。

tondemonai 写到:

Johann 写到:

r418mot 写到:

• r418mot
发表于: 2/22/2005 20:44 发表主题: Re: Hedgehog Mountain Hike
引用并回复 快速引用
tondemonai 写到:

怕是讲给你听也是白讲.想当初blueZ力劝你看红叶不要爬山了,你还不是不听?
  • xy
发表于: 2/22/2005 21:01 发表主题: Re: Hedgehog Mountain Hike
引用并回复 快速引用
您的记忆力太惊人了, 我都不记得bluez劝过我不要爬山的事. bluez, 有这事吗? 我那次爬山有什么不好的事发生了么?

请讲吧, 我洗耳恭听. 请问, 什么样的trail是自虐的trail, 什么是比较有娱乐性和观赏性的hike?

我想听的, 只是一个标准, 一个规范而已, 并不意味着我就不爬"自虐"的trail, 追随您去进行比较有娱乐性和观赏性的hike了. 所以, 听我肯定是听的, 不但听, 还要切实地按照您定义的标准分类.

r418mot 写到:
tondemonai 写到:

怕是讲给你听也是白讲.想当初blueZ力劝你看红叶不要爬山了,你还不是不听?

• blueZ
  • 帖子:5593
发表于: 2/22/2005 21:12 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
peachleaf 写到:
If BlueZ organizes, it will be 10+ miles... cry

I went hiking last Sunday too, but only for two hours at blue hills. oops

I did it last last Sunday (after saturday's skiing)! wink wink wink

start at 2:30pm, no backpack, no food, no campass, no map, no flashlight, [all in my car trunk] only hiking poles and one bottle of water. ... got lost in the middle. (blazes were covered by snow) cry cry cry
... calm down, retrack my footprints, back to the trail, kept going, finished the skiline trail loop, backed to trailhead, almost dark!!!!

I am happy I didn't go white mountain that day. didn't feel well when I got up in the morning.

lesson: never separate yourself with your backpack ... I have thought I'm so familar with blue hill, will never got lost.
Map map, map! with map, you will not get panic when you are lost, at least, you know where you are.
Flashlight, hiking in the dark without flashlight, you are dead.