• shornet
  • 注册于:2004-09-20
  • 帖子:31
发表于: 6/21/2004 00:23 发表主题: Rhode Island Air Show photos by shornet
引用并回复 快速引用
Try G3 manu focus in this air show. The result is 9.5 of 10 photos failed!

[/b]

最后进行编辑的是 shornet on 6/24/2004 18:23, 总计第 7 次编辑
  • r418mot
  • 帖子:2787
  • 所在地: 加州
发表于: 6/21/2004 12:07 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
Not bad at all. Since your successful photos are quite good, you don't have to feel sorry about the failed ones at all!

Now it is the time to consider buying a digital single lens reflex camera (DSLR) because in digital cameras, only DSLR doesn't have the long delay problem. We can discuss if you need any suggestions for your DSLR.
  • shornet
  • 帖子:31
发表于: 6/21/2004 16:09 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
[quote="r418mot"]Not bad at all. Since your successful photos are quite good, you don't have to feel sorry about the failed ones at all!

Now it is the time to consider buying a digital single lens reflex camera (DSLR) because in digital cameras, only DSLR doesn't have the long delay problem. We can discuss if you need any suggestions for your DSLR.[/quote]

Thanks! still in the P&S level. I have been thinking to update to DSLR long long time ago. But now it is just too expensive for me. My dream is to own a Canon 300D, or Nikon D70. I prefer 300D because of less expensive. Also I need to buy a 400 mm lens with 300D. Any suggestion? Thanks you again!
  • r418mot
发表于: 6/21/2004 17:18 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
Whether you choose Nikon or Canon depends mainly on what you like to shoot most. Generally Nikon is famous for its sharpness and Canon is well-known for its fast focus. Therefore, if you like to take landscape photos, you will prefer Nikon and if you like to shoot sports, people, animals or other actions, you will like Canon.

Another thing to consider when making a choice is how much you want to spend and what photo quality you expect. If you only want to spend minimal amount of money, choose Canon. If you want to spend reletively small amount of money and still want to get good (if not the best) photo quality, choose Nikon. Nikon's low end and medium end lenses are definitely better than Canon's lenses at the same level. If you want to have the best image quality, it does matter which to choose. Both will give you good results if you choose the best lenes from either company.

Pros of 300D camera body:
1. Low noise at low ISO level.
2. Better colors.
3. Firmware upgradable.
4. Cheap price.
5. Mirror lock up feature can be added with firmware upgrades.
Cons of 300D camera body:
1. Poor auto focus accuracy.
2. Weak build.
3. Girlish look (might be a strength for girls)
4. No spot metering.
5. No flash exposure compensation.

Pros of Nikon D70 camera body:
1. Low noise level at high ISO level.
2. Accurate exposure metering.
3. Spot metering feature.
4. Stronger build.
5. Flash exposure compensation.
6. Very fast flash synchronization speed (1/500 sec)
7. Very short power up time and shutter delay.
Cons of Nikon D70 camera body:
1. High noise level at low ISO level (compared with 300D)
2. Biased colors at low ISO and high shutter speed.
3. No mirror lock up.
4. Relatively higher price.

I wonder whether you really need a 400 mm lens with a DSLR. With the 1.6 or 1.5 factor, a 400 mm lens will become a 640 or 600 mm lens and such a lens can be hardly used in normal situations. Maybe you will use it only once or twice in a year: for shooting birds or aircrafts only. In addition, such lenses are expensive.
  • r418mot
发表于: 6/23/2004 19:13 发表主题: Re: mirror lock-up
引用并回复 快速引用
Anonymous 写到:
one modification: Nikon D70 does have mirror lock-up
(it's for the dust cleaning purpose)

The mirror lock up feature I mentioned is a feature to reduce the vibration of the camera body before the shutter is released and it is totally different from the one you mentioned. Because of the vibration of the mirror, the photo can be blurred. Therefore, the MLU feature locks the mirror and wait until the mirror is stablized before releasing the shutter.
  • Jedi
  • 帖子:1166
发表于: 6/24/2004 10:45 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
高手高手! [^] [^]

回头买相机时一定得请教请教 smile

r418mot 写到:
Whether you choose Nikon or Canon depends mainly on what you like to shoot most. Generally Nikon is famous for its sharpness and Canon is well-known for its fast focus. Therefore, if you like to take landscape photos, you will prefer Nikon and if you like to shoot sports, people, animals or other actions, you will like Canon.

Another thing to consider when making a choice is how much you want to spend and what photo quality you expect. If you only want to spend minimal amount of money, choose Canon. If you want to spend reletively small amount of money and still want to get good (if not the best) photo quality, choose Nikon. Nikon's low end and medium end lenses are definitely better than Canon's lenses at the same level. If you want to have the best image quality, it does matter which to choose. Both will give you good results if you choose the best lenes from either company.

Pros of 300D camera body:
1. Low noise at low ISO level.
2. Better colors.
3. Firmware upgradable.
4. Cheap price.
5. Mirror lock up feature can be added with firmware upgrades.
Cons of 300D camera body:
1. Poor auto focus accuracy.
2. Weak build.
3. Girlish look (might be a strength for girls)
4. No spot metering.
5. No flash exposure compensation.

Pros of Nikon D70 camera body:
1. Low noise level at high ISO level.
2. Accurate exposure metering.
3. Spot metering feature.
4. Stronger build.
5. Flash exposure compensation.
6. Very fast flash synchronization speed (1/500 sec)
7. Very short power up time and shutter delay.
Cons of Nikon D70 camera body:
1. High noise level at low ISO level (compared with 300D)
2. Biased colors at low ISO and high shutter speed.
3. No mirror lock up.
4. Relatively higher price.

I wonder whether you really need a 400 mm lens with a DSLR. With the 1.6 or 1.5 factor, a 400 mm lens will become a 640 or 600 mm lens and such a lens can be hardly used in normal situations. Maybe you will use it only once or twice in a year: for shooting birds or aircrafts only. In addition, such lenses are expensive.