• jjc
  • 注册于:2004-09-20
  • 帖子:18
发表于: 6/29/2004 22:12 发表主题: 有人想去DEATH VALEY,WAVE, 和 ANTELOPE CANYON吗?
引用并回复 快速引用
这三个地方的确是摄影的好地方。

我看过梅先生和他的学生关于这几个地方的摄影,非常精彩。其中关于沙漠和
羚羊洞的摄影,更令人惊叹。“浪”的摄影由於他们去的时间可能是在中午,
光线角度不利于摄影,所以相对差一些。

我去过DEATH VALLEY,但只去过其中的一个沙漠,另一个据说更精彩。
我也去过ANTELOPE CANYON,但只去过UPPER ABTELOPE CANYON,
而没去“下羚羊洞”。

“浪”我那次去没找着,所以没去成。对这三个地方我都仍有兴趣再去。
  • r418mot
  • 帖子:2787
  • 所在地: 加州
发表于: 6/30/2004 19:47 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
Hi,

Thank you very much for the postings about desert photography. Although I am already the person the 2nd most addicted to photography (next to you) in this club, I am still not crazy about shooting. It is too dangerous to shoot in deserts in summer.

However, I am quite interested in Glacier National Park in Montana or Baxter State Park in Maine. How about you?
  • jjc
发表于: 6/30/2004 21:11 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
Anonymous 写到:
hi, I would like to go, but not for photography. do you mind? btw, who is Mr. mei? is he in boston?

You are welcome to go. Death Valley and Antelope canyon are also
very good places for ture.

Mr. Mei is in Boston. I am not so sure about his title. Something like
president of New England Chinese Art Association. Anyway, he is
an expert on photography.
  • jjc
发表于: 6/30/2004 21:22 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
r418mot 写到:
Hi,

Thank you very much for the postings about desert photography. Although I am already the person the 2nd most addicted to photography (next to you) in this club, I am still not crazy about shooting. It is too dangerous to shoot in deserts in summer.

However, I am quite interested in Glacier National Park in Montana or Baxter State Park in Maine. How about you?

You are right, summer is not good time to go. Too hot and dangerous.
I will not suggest to go to Death Valley in summer. Any time after September will be good to go. Maybe, thanksgiving holidays is a
good time to go.

I have a interest to go to Glacier National park. I don't know if a
two day weekend is long enough for the trip.
  • r418mot
发表于: 6/30/2004 21:25 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
jjc 写到:
r418mot 写到:
Hi,

I will not suggest to go to Death Valley in summer. Any time after September will be good to go. Maybe, thanksgiving holidays is a
good time to go.

Definitely not. You will spend one day to go there and one day to come back. So you will spend the night to take pictures? I guess at least 5 days are necessary.
  • jjc
发表于: 6/30/2004 21:31 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
r418mot 写到:
jjc 写到:
r418mot 写到:
Hi,

good time to go.

Definitely not. You will spend one day to go there and one day to come back. So you will spend the night to take pictures? I guess at least 5 days are necessary.

Then, I need to schedule the time............ It is hard for this year.....
What time/season you think is good for Glacier shooting? And what
time you suggest to go?
  • r418mot
发表于: 6/30/2004 21:35 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
Maybe the only feasible time for us normal people is June to August. I will have other arrangement in July so the only time I can go this year is August.
  • jjc
发表于: 6/30/2004 21:41 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
r418mot 写到:
Maybe the only feasible time for us normal people is June to August. I will have other arrangement in July so the only time I can go this year is August.

mh.........
I can't take any vacation time out of August. Let's keep an eye on it
and go and see what we can do about that.
  • suyu1997
  • 帖子:495
  • 所在地: Waltham
发表于: 7/06/2004 14:16 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
Hi, I am new here. It's great to know somebody who loves photography in Boston area!
I have been to Glacier NP. The best time to there is either around late July for wild flowers or late September for Fall colors. There is an airport right outside of the park, but the tickets will be a little higher.
The first time I went to Death Valley was in July. The temperature was around 120F, and a ranger told me it was a cool day. The second time I was there was in October, and the weather was much nicer, although still hot.
I am planning to visit the Wave in the coming winter. To hike there, a permit has to be reserved months ago.
  • shutterbug
  • 帖子:698
  • 所在地: Boston
发表于: 7/06/2004 16:55 发表主题: Re: 有人想去DEATH VALEY,WAVE, 和 ANTELOPE CANYON吗?
引用并回复 快速引用
jjc 写到:
这三个地方的确是摄影的好地方。

光线角度不利于摄影,所以相对差一些。

而没去“下羚羊洞”。

这几个地方我都没去过,真的很想去,尤其和“色”友一起。
不过这几个地方都被拍烂了,如果短期在那儿逗留,很难拍出新意。其中由以ANTELOPE CANYON为甚,实在没什么新意。漂亮是漂亮,但大家拍出来的都差不多。现在基本上我在网上看到ANTELOPE CANYON的portfolio我都skip过去。
  • jjc
发表于: 7/07/2004 19:15 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
suyu1997 写到:
Hi, I am new here. It's great to know somebody who loves photography in Boston area!
I have been to Glacier NP. The best time to there is either around late July for wild flowers or late September for Fall colors. There is an airport right outside of the park, but the tickets will be a little higher.
The first time I went to Death Valley was in July. The temperature was around 120F, and a ranger told me it was a cool day. The second time I was there was in October, and the weather was much nicer, although still hot.
I am planning to visit the Wave in the coming winter. To hike there, a permit has to be reserved months ago.

Glad to see a new friend who loves photography and travel.

I just wonder what part of the death valley you have been to in your July trip. Is it too hot and unbearable in the valley? Also, are
there many people visit Death Valley in October?

What time of the winter you plan to go to Wave?
  • jjc
发表于: 7/07/2004 21:17 发表主题: Re: 有人想去DEATH VALEY,WAVE, 和 ANTELOPE CANYON吗?
引用并回复 快速引用
shutterbug 写到:
jjc 写到:
这三个地方的确是摄影的好地方。

光线角度不利于摄影,所以相对差一些。

而没去“下羚羊洞”。

这几个地方我都没去过,真的很想去,尤其和“色”友一起。
不过这几个地方都被拍烂了,如果短期在那儿逗留,很难拍出新意。其中由以ANTELOPE CANYON为甚,实在没什么新意。漂亮是漂亮,但大家拍出来的都差不多。现在基本上我在网上看到ANTELOPE CANYON的portfolio我都skip过去。

Antelope Canyon 拍出来的大同小异的多,但仍有绝色的作品。
死亡谷仅作为旅游的地方也是很好玩的,至少四五天才能玩下来,可照相的
地方除了了沙丘外,还有其它不少地方,让你尽情发挥的地方还是很多的。

顺便说一下,看了你7/4 的 焰火摄影,的确很棒。很高兴认识你,愿有机会
一起照。

DSLR 的SLOW RESPONSE 是不是由於相机在SAVE以前照的像。
当连续拍摄时,照相机内的CPU要花点时间处理和储存那些像。如果碰巧在
这个时候按快门,就会觉得反应慢。
  • shutterbug
  • 帖子:698
  • 所在地: Boston
发表于: 7/08/2004 11:44 发表主题: Re: 有人想去DEATH VALEY,WAVE, 和 ANTELOPE CANYON吗?
引用并回复 快速引用
引用:
DSLR 的SLOW RESPONSE 是不是由於相机在SAVE以前照的像。
当连续拍摄时,照相机内的CPU要花点时间处理和储存那些像。如果碰巧在
这个时候按快门,就会觉得反应慢。

是的。EOS10D已经是很快了,但只能buffer 9 张,要等很长时间才能存到CF卡上,因为我用的是RAW格式,文件很大。在buffer不超过9张的时候,相机还是能拍,但反应较慢。
抛开这个计算机的delay不谈,我感觉按快门的延迟还是比film camera大。film camera在按下快门时的手感和平滑的自动过片的声音是很爽的

很高兴这儿能碰到一些很“色”的“色”友 tongue
以前只有r18mot版主可以一起出去,现在人多,大家可以组织trip了

对了,向你请教你的website是怎么setup的,我一直没找到一个省时省力的方法,并且还要flexible