引用并回复 快速引用
我一直喜欢画画的,现在想尝试摄影一下。那位前辈能给指点一下器材的选择?谢谢 oops
  • r418mot
  • 注册于:2004-09-20
  • 帖子:2787
  • 所在地: 加州
发表于: 7/08/2004 11:21 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
What do you want to shoot? Landscape, close-up, portraits, architecture, sports, or snapshots? Digital or film? How much money do you want to spend? How large do you want to the pictures to be? Your choice depends on your answers to these questions.
  • YZH
  • 帖子:4
发表于: 7/09/2004 13:09 发表主题: Wow!
引用并回复 快速引用
closeup, i guess, I've always wanted to shoot flowers and leaves, i don't think I can master the landscape well though I do appreciate its beauty. I want a digital camera, which is more convenient for me as a beginner. I think several hundred dollars would be affordable, above that...maybe wait till I prove that I can really have some skills. ^_^
  • YZH
发表于: 7/09/2004 13:12 发表主题: size of picture
引用并回复 快速引用
normal size 5X7 is OK. Well, let's be ambitious, if it can be as big as the size of a textbook cover I'd be very happy. I mean, I don't know much about it, I want it to have good resolution, so probably I need more pixels and more memory? oops
  • r418mot
发表于: 7/09/2004 13:51 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
For this price, you can only afford a non-SLR (single lens reflex) digital camera. Non-SLR has a fatal shortcoming that the shutter delay is too long. Maybe you must wait for a second before the shutter is triggered but during this time, the butterfly you shoot may fly away already. Another 2 setbacks of a non-SLR digital camera are that the lens is not interchangeable and the aperture of the lens is too small.

A text book has the size of 10X8. Given the printer resolution of 300 DPI, you should have 10X8X300X300 = 7.2 M pixels for the picture. The camera capabile of doing that is definitely above your budget.

My recommendation is a Nikon D70 camera body plus a Tamron SP-90/2.8 macro lens. The lens is good for both close up and portraits. However, it is definitely more than you budget ($1200+). I have no way to recommend a cheaper solution that meets all of your requirements.
  • r418mot
发表于: 7/09/2004 19:15 发表主题: Re: $786.95 for Canon EOS Digital Rebel, SLR, 6.3MP
引用并回复 快速引用
Anonymous 写到:
Hi YZH,
Just thought that you might be interested in the following deal:

Canon EOS Digital Rebel, 6.3 Megapixel, Interchangeable Lens, SLR, Digital Camera with 18-55mm EF-S

Final Price is $772.00 + $14.95 shipping

http://www.shopdigitalonline.com/productdetail.asp?ProductID=637

好像这家Dealer声誉不是太好呀,当然比黑店稍微好点。
http://www.resellerratings.com/seller5826.html
  • YZH
发表于: 7/12/2004 11:21 发表主题: OK
引用并回复 快速引用
r418mot, Thanks a lot! It looks I need to do more research on Digital Cameras, and increase my budget ^_^. I'll come and ask for more advice when I find a possible one, your help is greatly appreciated. Now, what are the good brands? Nikon, Canon, Minolta? Would you please comment on this?
  • r418mot
发表于: 7/12/2004 11:44 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
Nikon's lenses are noted for sharpness. Canon's lenses are famous for quick auto-focus. Nikon's medium to low end camera bodies lack the feature of mirror-lock-up (a feature to minimize the camera vibration). Canon's medium to low end camera bodies lack the feature of spot-metering (a feature used for accurate exposure). Nikon's low end digital SLR has the problem of a little bit higher noise. Canon's low end digital SLR has the problem of poor auto-focus accuracy. Minolta's film SLR camera bodies have the best performance-price ratio (however, Minolta's good lenses are expensive). Minolta's first digital SLR will have the body vibration reduction feature but it won't be available until the end of the year. Therefore, I cannot say which one is better than the other. It all depends on what you want to play with.

In my opinion, if you want high resolution and fast autofocus is not important, go with Nikon; if you want fast autofocus, go with Canon; if you want to play around with special features, go with Minolta (you must wait for about half a year though).
发表于: 7/17/2004 02:03 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
r418老大!太专业了,PFPF!俺是业余的业余,就是想给YZH省点钱,因为我的老Nikon(不是SLR)虽然只有三百多万像素,用Espon Stylus Photo打出来的8x10照片也很精细了,肉眼看不太出有糊的地方,5x7精细了不得了。所以窃以为YZH先搞个现在$300-500的数码肯定够玩上一阵子了。如果想一步到位那是另一回事,不过数码相机跌价实在是很快的啊!我的老机器00年买时一千块,现在一百多块就可以买到一样数量像素的,哎。。。
  • shutterbug
  • 帖子:698
  • 所在地: Boston
发表于: 7/18/2004 01:05 发表主题: Re: OK
引用并回复 快速引用
YZH 写到:
r418mot, Thanks a lot! It looks I need to do more research on Digital Cameras, and increase my budget ^_^. I'll come and ask for more advice when I find a possible one, your help is greatly appreciated. Now, what are the good brands? Nikon, Canon, Minolta? Would you please comment on this?

If you don't go digital, then N or C doesn't matter.
If you go digital, and you don't own any Nikon lens, then there's no question to go with Canon. But if you own some Nikon lens, then you have to go with Nikon.