• r418mot
  • 注册于:2004-09-20
  • 帖子:2787
  • 所在地: 加州
发表于: 7/15/2004 15:49 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
You can send the film to developers and they will return the processed film in the form of mounted slides.

There are 3 ways to use the slides: to display the slides using a slide projector; to watch the slides using loupe; or to scan the slides using a film scanner.

I don't recommend Minolta 5400 scanner because it is too expensive and doesn't worth ($800+). A cheaper version can get the similar result.

To get better results, you really need to know how to use Photoshop first because no matter how good your scanner is, all the raw images from scanners look awful. Only through the adjustment of Photoshop can a scanned image be viewed with acceptable result.

If you like, I can give you some slide film and processing mailer with cheap price ($5 a roll including processing, Fuji Sensia 100) because now I want to use only professional film. If you don't want to buy a film scanner, I can scan some good shots for you. Fuji Sensia is not good at landscape photos but it is good for portraits.
  • r418mot
发表于: 7/15/2004 16:06 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
You have two kinds of film scanners that you can choose from.

1. Film scanners without ICE feature. ICE is a hardware feature that enables the scanner to detect dust and scratch and to remove the effect of them without seriously sacraficing the image resolution. ICE feature alone can cost more than $200. You can get a good film scanner without ICE for below $300. In my opinion, the resolution of 2400DPI is already enough for a film scanner.

2. Film scanners with ICE feature. In my impression, NO scanner with this feature costs less than $500.

You can search "film scanner" in www.shopping.com and find a model. Post the model number here and I will help you look into it.
  • r418mot
发表于: 7/16/2004 09:17 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
Anonymous 写到:
again, Thanks for your nice offer about the $5 a roll including processing, Fuji Sensia 100, how to pay you? I am not in Boston. Actually, i am living in Kentucky.

I will be away for from tomorrow to next Sunday. I will contact you for that when I am back. However, remember Sensia is not good for landscape.

By the way, you can send me your film with return envelope and postage included. I can scan your film if that is not more than 10 photos a month. Of course you can send me more if you really have some masterpieces.
  • r418mot
发表于: 7/28/2004 16:31 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
Hi, David,

If you are still interested in my offer, please send me a message.

r418mot