发表于: 7/20/2005 12:32 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
(Don't hajack fresh_orange's topic 打你 )

WEATHER, WEATHER, WEATHER!!!
LODGING, LODGING, LODGING!!!

I can't decide on my own will!!!

xy 写到:
Greentea, BlueZ,

可不可以8/15去? 我8/6还在yellowstone oops . Huntington对我来说爬与不爬都无所谓, 这个death marches是一定想去的, 一人去弄太无聊.

别生气啊, 知道你们都有自己的安排, 我就是想表达一下我的意思.

blueZ 写到:
Greentea 写到:

I wish I could be there but I have other plan already (Huntington Ravine if weather is nice and the club house is open).

Sorry, for hajacking this thread,

Greantea, when will you up to NH for Huntington? this weekend? or 8/6 weekend? if 8/6, I would like to join. I want to do Wildcats and Carter-Moriah Traverse. I need some death marches.
Wildcats and Carter-Moriah 17.7 miles 7,100 elevation 12:25 time

http://home.earthlink.net/~ellozy/death-marches.html

• mushroom
  • 注册于:2005-02-04
  • 帖子:4899
  • 所在地: MA
发表于: 7/20/2005 19:14 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
那就等你的消息了 rose
突然发现,如果是8/6我也去不了呢 Sad
希望是8/15

• simple
  • 注册于:2004-09-20
  • 帖子:3896
  • 所在地: boston
发表于: 7/20/2005 19:31 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
I couldn't go both. frustrated will be busy in the first 3 weeks in August....

mushroom 写到:
那就等你的消息了 rose
突然发现,如果是8/6我也去不了呢 Sad
希望是8/15

发表于: 7/20/2005 21:17 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
这个周末去爬山?听上去很诱人, happy 。密切关注中。
发表于: 7/22/2005 09:34 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
大家这个礼拜去吗?
发表于: 7/22/2005 09:39 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
we(2 people) will be going tomorrow. since we are not very strong hikers, if you are the type like xy, bluez, greentea, etc, we probably will slow you down quite significantly......
  • Greentea
  • 帖子:3170
发表于: 7/22/2005 11:41 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
bagofbones 写到:
大家这个礼拜去吗?

My group will go on either 8/6 or 8/13. Honeymoon will go tomorrow.

honeymoon 写到:
we(2 people) will be going tomorrow. since we are not very strong hikers, if you are the type like xy, bluez, greentea, etc, we probably will slow you down quite significantly......

Honeymoon: BlueZ told me this morning that this trail is not that difficult (I was intimidated by some people's words before and wasn't brave enough). You'll be fine. Wish you a safe and wonderful hiking trip. Don't forget to post your trip report here rose
发表于: 7/22/2005 11:48 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
that's what i thought, afterall it is still a well marked hiking trail....

Greentea 写到:
bagofbones 写到:
大家这个礼拜去吗?

My group will go on either 8/6 or 8/13. Honeymoon will go tomorrow.

honeymoon 写到:

Honeymoon: BlueZ told me this morning that this trail is not that difficult (I was intimidated by some people's words before and wasn't brave enough). You'll be fine. Wish you a safe and wonderful hiking trip. Don't forget to post your trip report here rose

发表于: 7/22/2005 12:13 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
你们太谦虚了,我不把你们slow down oops 就谢天谢地了。我刚刚google了一下这条trail,从照片上看,感觉就是攀岩啊。是不是要带特别的装备啊?不知道要爬多少时间。如过去的话,能不能搭你们的车?

honeymoon 写到:

• blueZ
  • 帖子:5593
发表于: 7/22/2005 14:38 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
honeymoon 写到:
that's what i thought, afterall it is still a well marked hiking trail....

Honeymoon: BlueZ told me this morning that this trail is not that difficult

I said the trail is not that difficult doesn't mean the trail is not difficult. I seldom say (or have never said) a trail is difficult.

I told greentea the trail is not that difficult because I know she took the rock climbing class ...

Yes, the trail is well marked. but marks are there doesn't mean they are easy to reach/follow ...

You don't need to be a hiker to hike Mt. Washington (via other trails), but you need to be reasonably fit. For huntington Ravine trail, IMHO, you need at least a little (or some) hiking experience.

other trails, you made mistake, you have twisted ankle. huntington Ravine Trail, one misstep, you fall into the ravine floor.

If a hiker fell near the top of the headwall, he would be expected to end at the base of Yale Gully ― a fall of about 1,700 feet.
Since Jason almost certainly died immediately after such a severe fall, a hiking companion would not have been able to do anything for him after the accident. A companion, however, might have pointed out to him the danger of descending Huntington Ravine in winter. Two heads are almost always better than one.

http://www.outdoors.org/publications/appalachia/2005/2005-accident-reports.cfm

I like this comment:
" In summer, there is a short scramble (need to use hands) and some exposure (scary view down), but it is not difficult (if dry). IMO, it doesn't deserve to be feared by most hikers. (Respected yes, feared no.) Go up it your first time and see how you like it. (Up is easier than down, but both directions are very doable.) "

take a look of some pictures I took in my trip,
http://shenghuonet.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php3?t=7670

please take some pitures too, I want to see the ravine in clear condition. rose rose rose

Be safe, good luck.

sorry, if you don't feel safe, dont' take pictures, concentrate on your footing and climbing!
发表于: 7/22/2005 15:17 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
bluez,你拍的照片都好可怕啊.看着都是90度的坡了. 我在其他几个网页上看的照片.虽然险,但是还能爬..你拍的照片.让我看了以后特别害怕..要是真的那么险..我肯定不敢上去.555555555555555
发表于: 7/22/2005 15:20 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
上面要是还带水的话,更本好像没法爬。 Mad
honeymoon 写到:
bluez,你拍的照片都好可怕啊.看着都是90度的坡了. 我在其他几个网页上看的照片.虽然险,但是还能爬..你拍的照片.让我看了以后特别害怕..要是真的那么险..我肯定不敢上去.555555555555555