作为首位竞选副州长职位的华裔候选人，張禮能( Leland Cheung) 在创造着麻省华裔参政议政的历史。代表新生一代的他有朝气有活力，看看他的竞选网站和施政纲领吧，简洁清新而又见解独到。 http://www.lelandcheung.com/
張禮能毕业于麻省理工斯隆商学院和哈佛肯尼迪政府学院。在2009年当选为剑桥市市政委员，有着丰富的科技产业以及社区工作经验。在剑桥市政委员职位上，他创新式的简化了市政信息系统以方便居民用移动设备查询。有效的促进了Kendall Square和central square新技术创新产业的发展。他也有效的保证了教育系统对多元文化的支持（包扩剑桥公立学校享有盛名的中英文双语教育）
见面会地点：Lynch Elementary School, 10 Brantwood Rd, Winchester, MA
时间： 9:45 AM to 11:00 AM, September 7th, 2014
Leland Cheung has been honored to serve as a City Councillor for the City of Cambridge, Massachusetts since 2009.
Leland was first elected to the Council in 2009 while pursuing a Masters in Public Administration at the Harvard Kennedy School of Government and an MBA at the MIT Sloan School of Management. He was the first currently-enrolled student to be elected to the Council as well as the first Asian American. Before assuming his role as City Councillor, Leland worked as a Senior Associate at Masthead Venture Partners, a Cambridge-based venture capital firm focusing on digital media, mobile, and internet infrastructure. He has used this background to guide his efforts as a board member of the Massachusetts Technology Collaborative and the National League of Cities.
Throughout his tenure on the Cambridge City Council, Leland has remained committed to maintaining a style of progressive and innovative leadership that is akin to the moral, cultural, and intellectual climate of the surrounding community. As City Councillor, Leland has worked to preserve Cambridge’s culture of entrepreneurship by facilitating an open dialogue between local businesses and community members throughout the development of Kendall and Central Squares. He has fought to maintain Cambridge’s long history of promoting justice and equality by supporting measures to expand the rights of women, immigrants, and LGBT members of the community. He has partnered with local innovators to make municipal data more readily available to the residents of Cambridge through mobile applications. Most importantly, he has worked to ensure that the City of Cambridge is built on a foundation of community input – one that listens to the suggestions, criticism, ideas, and beliefs of its constituents.
Leland is running because he believes everyone throughout Massachusetts should have the opportunity to build a better future – not just a chosen few born in the right zip code, with the right name, or with the right connections. As Lieutenant Governor, he’ll use my experience working in the innovation economy and creating jobs to build on Governor Patrick’s legacy of strengthening the Commonwealth’s biotech, bio pharmaceuticals, and information technology industries. This means not only continuing the Patrick administration’s work to modernize our roads, rails, and broadband access to grow businesses, but working with our universities, community colleges, and vocational schools to ensure we have the well-trained workforce that allow businesses to thrive going forward.
As a child of immigrants, Leland knows the transformative power a strong education and secure employment have on our children’s ability to achieve their full potential. He understands the importance of ensuring that we protect our workers by ensuring that they have access to paid sick time, comprehensive healthcare, and job protections. As Lieutenant Governor, he will leverage partnerships with emerging industries in Massachusetts to make sure that everyone – regardless of race, gender, sexual identity, hometown, or educational background - has access to a modern job and a living wage – not just for the economy we have now, but in the economy we will build for the future.
七月二十六日，2-4点，在800 West Cummings park, Suite 4750, Woburn MA 01801，共和党州长候选人，Pilgrims Healthcare总裁，贝克(Charles Baker)邀请亚裔选民参加他为大家量身定做的讲座，其内容将专门针对大家最关心的话题，并将当场回答您的问题，共同探讨
1. Currently, Asian students are facing discrimination or disadvantage when they apply college, comparing with other minority groups.
2. How to improve our school system. Now in statewide, many local schools are short of fundings and resources which could affect the education qualities of our students.
3. Can you help us to understand more about the teachers union? Its history, activity and role in our education system. What is your point of view on balancing the act between teachers union and rights of education for students and their parents?
About Our Government
4. Tax: How to reduce the working middle class tax burden. We have seen many kinds of tax and fees increased last few years.
5. Big Government. How to reduce the waste of our tax dollars. What are your top three priorities to achieve fiscal balance while achieving economic prosperity for the state of Mass, for long term?
6. What are your top initiatives to make state government spending more efficient and effective based on your experience of working in the state government in 1990s.
7. We know you are very capable for running the state government. However, we still would like to ask what will be your top three challenges if you elected? How can we help?
8. Small Business, Many members of Asian Community are small business owners or they would like to start their own business. What steps you will do to help them to achieve their American Dreams which may create many jobs for the community.
9. High tech. Many members of Asian community are working for high tech field either biotech or IT. How to make MA more attractive and competitive for the high tech industries coming to our state, which could create many high paying jobs.
10. Job discrimination. Historically, Asian Americans were subjected of job discrimination in many aspects. As a governor, how you will help Asian Americans in this area and create more jobs for the community
About Our Community
11. Health care: As a former Secretary of Health and former CEO of HMO, how will you help middle class families with the affordable health care?
12. How to help Chinatown neighborhood community. With over development of high end apartments in the area, many local residents and shop owners could not afford to stay and are force to leave.
13. Immigration. How can you help the new comers in the Asian community?
14. Environment protections and globe warming. As some predication, bay state could be affect badly if the sea level increasing. So as governor, what steps you are going to do to help reducing glob warming and protecting our environment.
1998年5月13日，印尼暴徒向华裔挥起屠刀，數萬名華裔受到有組織的虐待與殺，上千妇女被强奸。施暴者及主谋未受到惩罚，逍遥法外。2013年10月16日，ABC脱口秀主持人Jimmy 借小孩之口要杀光中国人。三番，洛杉矶，纽约，波士顿等10多个城市的华人走上街头，发动大规模抗议。Jimmy 继续享用高薪，并得到奥巴马在白宫设宴接待。2014年1月30日，加州参议院黑箱操作，通过sca5法案，限制亚裔入学比例，引起华人的强烈反弹。目前Sca5被退回参议院，随时会卷土重来。 华人的经济优势为何不能转化为政治优势,遇到社会动荡,权益得不到保障,妻女被奸杀，财产被劫掠,无处申冤。Jimmy 为何敢公开辱华,毫不担心被解职？为什么加州参议院不与华人充分沟通就悍然推出损害华人根本利益的SCA5 法案？咱们华人勤劳工作，遵纪守法，在经济，高科技，文化上做出了卓越的贡献，为什么我们的形象一再被丑化，人格被污辱。我们的孩子学业优秀却上不了好大学。我们在职场业绩突出却得不到升迁。我们充当”哑裔”的角色太久了.
怎样走出” 哑裔”的困境,不再压抑,我们做了各种探索,出书出报写文章唤醒维权意识, 游行抗议街头运动,小区建设长期规划. 收效甚微。我们终于认识到，维权，但不参与政治是不行的。只有参与政治，才能最大限度保护我们的权益。只有充分参与美国的政治游戏规则，我们才能事倍功半,庞大的人口数量才能转化为有效的选票.我们应当利用我们手中的选票,显示我们的力量,让当政者在制定政策时,不能漠视我们亚裔的权益. 朋友们，行动起来，用好宪法赋予我们的神圣权利，积极参与美国的政治活动，制定规则，保护我们孩子受教育的权利，创造良好的职场发展环境。可以有尊严的生活。行动起来，不做政治隐形人。欢迎参加baker先生的政策讨论会.......
七月二十六日，2-4点，在800 West Cummings park, Suite 4750, Woburn MA 01801，共和党州长候选人，Pilgrims Healthcare前总裁，贝克(Charles Baker)邀请亚裔选民参加他为大家量身定做的讲座，其内容将专门针对大家最关心的话题，并将当场回答您的问题，共同探讨。
Charles Baker was the 2010 MA Republican Nominee for Governor. He was the Secretary of Health and Human Services and Secretary of Administration and Finance under two Massachusetts governors in 1990s. He spent ten years as the CEO of Harvard Pilgrim Healthcare. During his tenure as CEO, he turned Harvard Pilgrim Healthcare from a company on the verge of bankruptcy into America’s Best Health Plan for five straight years.