• genie
  • 注册于:2004-09-20
  • 帖子:3729
发表于: 10/21/2008 15:16 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
rogerlee 写到:
bostonchef 写到:
Company has to manage the EPS (earning per share) to meet or exceed the analyst expecations.

Increase tax for large companies will reduce their EPS, and thus negatively affecting the company's stock price and/or credit ratings.

To avoid that, the company has to either increase sales (which is difficult) or reduce the costs. And the quick way to fix the problem is to reduce the variable cost by laying off people.

Not exactly.

When EPS reduced, company will try to reduce cost. It's correct. But laying off people won't happen(or just small amount of people) until EPS close to negative. Employee is "asset" for company. If business can go on, no one want to fire large amount of employee. It's different from market changing and cause sales decrease.

In other words, Increase tax won't cause laying off large amount of people directly.

OMG, can someone who learned accounting tell how wrong 主席 is.

In balance sheet, employee's salary/expense, is on the right hand side column, called liability. In any company manager's eyes, employees are liabilities not "asset."

same as employee expense, tax is also liablility, when tax moves up, the company wants to keep the balance sheet balanced, they have to keep the totle liability the same, chances are that they reduce employee expense liability, that includes layoff.
发表于: 10/21/2008 15:26 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
That accounting rule will also be changed.

genie 写到:
rogerlee 写到:
bostonchef 写到:
Company has to manage the EPS (earning per share) to meet or exceed the analyst expecations.

Increase tax for large companies will reduce their EPS, and thus negatively affecting the company's stock price and/or credit ratings.

To avoid that, the company has to either increase sales (which is difficult) or reduce the costs. And the quick way to fix the problem is to reduce the variable cost by laying off people.

Not exactly.

When EPS reduced, company will try to reduce cost. It's correct. But laying off people won't happen(or just small amount of people) until EPS close to negative. Employee is "asset" for company. If business can go on, no one want to fire large amount of employee. It's different from market changing and cause sales decrease.

In other words, Increase tax won't cause laying off large amount of people directly.

In balance sheet, employee's salary/expense, is on the right hand side column, called liability. In any company manager's eyes, employees are liabilities not "asset."

same as employee expense, tax is also liablility, when tax moves up, the company wants to keep the balance sheet balanced, they have to keep the totle liability the same, chances are that they reduce employee expense liability, that includes layoff.

• Bono
  • 注册于:2007-05-26
  • 帖子:3025
  • 所在地: Boston North
发表于: 10/21/2008 15:29 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
xiaoqiang 写到:

牛 As "Goodwill created by Change" would be the biggest asset on everybody's balance sheet.

• genie
  • 帖子:3729
发表于: 10/21/2008 15:35 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
support 以后大家多用信用卡,然后找主席请他把liability变成asset
xiaoqiang 写到:

genie 写到:
rogerlee 写到:
bostonchef 写到:

Not exactly.

• Bono
  • 注册于:2007-05-26
  • 帖子:3025
  • 所在地: Boston North
发表于: 10/21/2008 15:36 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
OMG, 主席您一定是计划经济学专家。

genie 写到:
rogerlee 写到:
bostonchef 写到:

Not exactly.

• rogerlee
  • 帖子:13533
发表于: 10/21/2008 17:11 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
genie 写到:
rogerlee 写到:
bostonchef 写到:

Not exactly.

The value of employees never listed on balance sheet. It would make it unbalanced if doing so.
发表于: 10/21/2008 17:21 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
rogerlee 写到:
genie 写到:
rogerlee 写到:
bostonchef 写到:

Not exactly.

The value of employees never listed on balance sheet. It would make it unbalanced if doing so.

next time when you buy a stock, i suggest you pay a few extra dollars for the unlisted value of employees...
  • xinyu
  • 注册于:2008-07-24
  • 帖子:794
发表于: 10/21/2008 17:23 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
Laughing

• rogerlee
发表于: 10/21/2008 17:25 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
Laughing
你还是说我赞成社会主义吧?不过我还是很惊讶你居然记得“计划经济学”。牛

Bono 写到:
OMG, 主席您一定是计划经济学专家。

genie 写到:
rogerlee 写到:
bostonchef 写到:

Not exactly.

发表于: 10/21/2008 17:29 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
genie 写到:

next time when you buy a stock, i suggest you pay a few extra dollars for the unlisted value of employees...

If I buy a stock, I've already count this in my consideration. But I don't have to pay because I know it's priceless.
发表于: 10/21/2008 17:33 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
rogerlee 写到:
genie 写到:

If I buy a stock, I've already count this in my consideration. But I don't have to pay because I know it's priceless.

这个要赞,算是主席少有的智慧的语言了
that's why you don't own any stock and it's good at this market 牛
  • rogerlee
发表于: 10/21/2008 17:33 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
有些人的账单是“变”不了的。wink

genie 写到:
xiaoqiang 写到:

genie 写到:
rogerlee 写到:
bostonchef 写到:

Not exactly.

发表于: 10/21/2008 17:40 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
没关系,我知道主席和我争论对我有意见,咱识趣不让你变了,不过要是别的ddmm找你变,你不可以推辞哦!
rogerlee 写到:
有些人的账单是“变”不了的。wink
genie 写到:

发表于: 10/21/2008 17:50 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
but obm said people should pay $5 for any priceless items.

rogerlee 写到:
genie 写到:

• rogerlee
发表于: 10/21/2008 17:58 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
Laughing 变要靠自己的。wink

genie 写到:
没关系,我知道主席和我争论对我有意见,咱识趣不让你变了,不过要是别的ddmm找你变,你不可以推辞哦!
rogerlee 写到:
有些人的账单是“变”不了的。wink
genie 写到: