• juno
  • 注册于:2004-09-20
  • 帖子:389
发表于: 7/23/2004 17:05 发表主题: Re: where is my post?
引用并回复 快速引用
suicided ... , oh, no, being killed by the admin!!! ...

选美冠军 写到:
where is my post?
where is my post?

• juno
发表于: 7/23/2004 17:17 发表主题: A joke about Red Sox fan
引用并回复 快速引用
A first grade teacher explains to her class that she is a Boston Red Sox fan. She asks her students to raise their hands if they were Red Sox fans, too. Not really knowing what a Red Sox fan was, but wanting to be like their teacher, hands explode into the air. There is, however, one exception. A girl named Lucy has not gone along with the crowd. The teacher asks her why she has decided to be different. "Because I'm not a Red Sox fan." "Then," asks the teacher, "what are you?" "Why I'm proud to be a Yankees fan.", boasts the little girl. The teacher is a little perturbed now, her face slightly red. She asks Lucy why she is a Yankees fan. "Well, My Dad and Mom are Yankees fans, and I'm a Yankees fan, too!" The teacher is now angry. "That's no reason," she says loudly. "What if your mom was a moron, and your dad was a moron, what would you be then?" A pause, and a smile. "Then," says Lucy, "I'd be a Red Sox fan."
发表于: 7/23/2004 17:26 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
就是就是,遇强不弱,遇弱不强。
还是实力差一些。

juno 写到:
早就觉得象了,而且也有“黑色几分钟”的现象。

不过 Red Sox 还是可以打不少场好球的,就是差的时候,太差了。这点,我觉得Yankees 有点象曾经的大连万达了,比较稳定,轻易不会输给烂队,Red Sox就 不一定了,打Yankees其实并不差,可遇到弱队,也不一定赢。唉 ...

• juno
发表于: 7/23/2004 17:26 发表主题: What do Don Zimmer and Grady Little have in common?
引用并回复 快速引用
Q: What do Don Zimmer and Grady Little have in common?
A: Neither one could take out Pedro when he should have!

-----
backgroud Knowledge:

Grady Little was manager of the Red Sox for the 2002 and 2003 seasons. He made some odd decisions during his tenure, but none that came under more criticism than his handling of game seven of the 2003 ALCS. Boston took a 5-2 lead into the bottom of the eighth inning. With Pedro Martinez's pitch count in triple-digits after a shaky seventh, Boston's bullpen doing an outstanding job during the entire postseason, and two relievers ready in the pen, it appeared that Martinez would not be pitching the eighth. Grady Little left Pedro in the game. Martinez got Nick Johnson to pop out and Boston was five outs away from beating their archrivals to advance to the World Series. Derek Jeter doubled to deep right. Bernie Williams brought Jeter home with a single to center. Hideki Matsui's ground rule double brought Bernie Williams around to third. Jorge Posada's two-run double tied it at five. After Martinez was finally removed from the game, the Red Sox bullpen held the Yankees scoreless until the bottom of the eleventh when Aaron Boone belted Tim Wakefield's first pitch of the inning into the leftfield stands to win the game.

The Zimmer story? everyone knows it .... BAD, BAD, BAD!!!!

On October 11, 2003 during the third game of the American League Championship Series, an altercation between Manny Ramirez and Roger Clemens brought both teams out of their dugouts. During that time, Pedro Martinez grabbed 72-year-old Don Zimmer by the head and slammed him to the ground.
发表于: 7/23/2004 23:24 发表主题: Re: A joke about Red Sox fan
引用并回复 快速引用
:D :D :D

but you might want to switch Red Sox and Yankees in the joke. Lots of Red Sox Fans here. Be careful...

My friend is not a baseball fan and one day he need a hat. He went inside a shop and decided to buy a baseball cap. On the shelf, only one item was on sale, in fact, a huge sale, 75% off the original price. It was a Yankees cap, all the others were Red Sox. He brought the cap to the counter. The cashier looked amazed, " We just want to show how cheap the Yankees are and someone would actually buy it in Boston?"

juno 写到:
A first grade teacher explains to her class that she is a Boston Red Sox fan. She asks her students to raise their hands if they were Red Sox fans, too. Not really knowing what a Red Sox fan was, but wanting to be like their teacher, hands explode into the air. There is, however, one exception. A girl named Lucy has not gone along with the crowd. The teacher asks her why she has decided to be different. "Because I'm not a Red Sox fan." "Then," asks the teacher, "what are you?" "Why I'm proud to be a Yankees fan.", boasts the little girl. The teacher is a little perturbed now, her face slightly red. She asks Lucy why she is a Yankees fan. "Well, My Dad and Mom are Yankees fans, and I'm a Yankees fan, too!" The teacher is now angry. "That's no reason," she says loudly. "What if your mom was a moron, and your dad was a moron, what would you be then?" A pause, and a smile. "Then," says Lucy, "I'd be a Red Sox fan."

发表于: 7/24/2004 23:31 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
*edited by moderator. Thank you for posting here. Please DO NOT use insulting language.
  • funny
  • 帖子:186
  • 所在地: Boston
发表于: 7/25/2004 01:14 发表主题: Re: A joke about Red Sox fan
引用并回复 快速引用
funny :D

*** you may say it again ! Surprised

* edited by the moderator

juno 写到:

"What if your mom was a moron, and your dad was a moron, what would you be then?"
"Then," says Lucy, "I'd be a Red Sox fan."[/color]

• juno
发表于: 7/26/2004 10:25 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
有性格!

早就讲过Red Sox 并不怕 Yankees 了!
  • juno
发表于: 7/26/2004 10:31 发表主题: Re: A joke about Red Sox fan
引用并回复 快速引用
就是Red Sox fan 可能也会有同样的感觉吧, I guess ...
Red Sox 的fan 们已经被伤害得 enough 了。

不过骂归骂,帽子还是要带对,这是关系到 “大是大非" 的问题!反正我一看到Yankees的帽子,就要一种强烈的憎恶感,白给我都不要。evil empire ...

BetterDays 写到:
:D :D :D

but you might want to switch Red Sox and Yankees in the joke. Lots of Red Sox Fans here. Be careful...

My friend is not a baseball fan and one day he need a hat. He went inside a shop and decided to buy a baseball cap. On the shelf, only one item was on sale, in fact, a huge sale, 75% off the original price. It was a Yankees cap, all the others were Red Sox. He brought the cap to the counter. The cashier looked amazed, " We just want to show how cheap the Yankees are and someone would actually buy it in Boston?"

• blueZ
  • 帖子:5593
发表于: 8/13/2004 16:38 发表主题: Pedro Martinez's numbers:
引用并回复 快速引用
Pedro Martinez (season: W 13-4, ERA:3.72)

Yesterday Afternoon's game:
IP: 9.0
H: 6
ER: 0
BB: 0
K: 10
PC-ST: 109-72

It is so funny that:
Nomar said reports that his injury occured while playing soccer are false.

还有,也盼Yankees 赢球了,因为他们的对手是Texas Rangers!

Good luck, Red Sox -->

Friday, Aug. 13
Tim Wakefield (8-6, 4.48 ERA) vs. Jose Contreras (9-5, 5.17 ERA)

Saturday, Aug. 14
Curt Schilling (13-6, 3.61 ERA) vs. Felix Diaz (1-3, 10.17 ERA)

Sunday, Aug. 15
Bronson Arroyo (5-8, 4.14 ERA) vs. Jon Garland (8-8, 4.70 ERA)
  • blueZ
发表于: 8/13/2004 17:13 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
今天晚上是看 Red Sox 呢,还是patriots 呢?一起看吧!
  • blueZ
发表于: 8/13/2004 17:52 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
old thinkings in 未免交友:

世界变化真是快啊。周末去niagara falls。星期天在返回的路上,突然看到newspaper上 Norma竟然穿着 Cubs的衣服。还以为是自己认错了人。一看大标题,才知道Norma已经被卖掉了。想起周六晚上在旅馆里看到Red Sox被 Twins 5-4 干掉了,觉得今年Red Sox是hopeless了。不过现在刚刚又看到Red Sox 5-2 胜了一场,好像隐隐约约还有一点希望。越来越觉得Red sox 就像一个女孩,在你觉得没有希望的时候就对你稍微好一点,于是你就觉得希望又来了,然后呢,就又对你不好了。既然你是被curse的,最终的结果一定是美梦成空了。还记得一次在地铁上听一个老美讲:if red sox won world series, the whole Boston will explode! 唉,真想看到那一天。