• segmentation
  • 注册于:2004-09-20
  • 帖子:753
  • 所在地: 火星
发表于: 7/27/2004 14:48 发表主题: An outsider's view of DNC
引用并回复 快速引用
My Convention Experience

i am volunteering at the DNC, and some dude at the hotel i was working at came in at nine and gave me his guest pass saying he was done for the night but someone should take advantage of the chance to see clinton speak.

it was awesome! the seats left to the special guests were pretty crappy, but just being there in the crowd. listening to the response that Bill and Hillary got was fantastic. Even just looking around at the inside of the convention hall for myself...with all of the signs and banners and news booths....it was so much fun. I even think i saw Gray Davis walking around.

I love how the speeches serve as a liberal cause applause-o-meter. vetrans, hell, i like vetrans *loud applause*. firemen need more training, they're heroes *LOUDER APPLAUSE*. the environment, well, i'm a liberal so i am supposed to care about it but really i drive an suv *polite applause*.

Clinton was FANTASTIC, they both were in fact. The self-deprecating humor was wonderful, and the *send me* audience participation was inspiring to me. Clinton seems to have a lot in common with southern preachers....the contrast, the call and response. its like going to church without the pesky damnation. Bill, and Mario Cuomo are probably two of the greatest political orators of the modern age.
发表于: 7/27/2004 19:18 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
Segmentation, you did go there and listen to Clinton speak? That is so cool :!:
  • Jedi
  • 帖子:1166
发表于: 7/28/2004 10:28 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
Too bad I missed it Sad

Anonymous 写到:
Did you guys watch the interview with Michael Moore by O'Reilly minutes ago? Michael Moore is so cool! I like the way he challenged O'Reilly, strategically asked the questions back one and another further.
support DNC!

• segmentation
发表于: 7/28/2004 11:02 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
They both serious person. I respect that.

Anonymous 写到:
Did you guys watch the interview with Michael Moore by O'Reilly minutes ago? Michael Moore is so cool! I like the way he challenged O'Reilly, strategically asked the questions back one and another further.
support DNC!

• segmentation
发表于: 7/28/2004 11:05 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
No, Fei, that's not me. Us aliens are not even allowed to be volunteers.

BetterDays 写到:
Segmentation, you did go there and listen to Clinton speak? That is so cool :!:

• segmentation
发表于: 7/28/2004 11:26 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
Q&A

1.) What the hell are the plastic things that you can see in front of the lectern at the DNC?

I assume you're talking about clear plastic rectangles, aimed at the speakers at an angle and supported on thin poles? Those are reflectors for the TelePrompTers. From the podium you can see text scrolling on 'em, but to the audience, they're transparent.

2.) Do the speakers use teleprompters, read from scripts, or what? Inquiring minds demand to know.

See answer to #1.

3.) Any of you see Michael Moore and Bill O'Reilly?

Yeah, I saw the O'Reilly vs Moore thing on Fox. Moore's conditions for doing the interview were that it be unedited and that he could also ask questions. I thought Moore kicked O'Reilly's butt. He got O'Reilly to admit that, yes the 900 plus soldiers killed died for a mistake. (but it wasn't Bush's fault...he had been misinformed). That's something that definitely would have been edited out. Moore kept asking O'Reilly if he would sacrifice his own child to help restore Iraq and he wouldn't answer. He just said he would sacrifice himself. Of course, Moore was looking for a recruiter.
Naturally after Moore left, O'Reilly spewed some rubbish, giving himself the last word. I, personally, was surprised at how calm he was. O'Reilly must have taken some lithium or something. All of that fox made me feel sort of, I don't know, dirty..... and slightly dumber.
  • Jedi
发表于: 7/28/2004 13:25 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
I thought it was a joke :D

rain 写到:
Thank you! Surprised) That is exactly what I was wondering about. [h]

segmentation 写到:
Q&A

1.) What the hell are the plastic things that you can see in front of the lectern at the DNC?

I assume you're talking about clear plastic rectangles, aimed at the speakers at an angle and supported on thin poles? Those are reflectors for the TelePrompTers. From the podium you can see text scrolling on 'em, but to the audience, they're transparent.

• Jedi
发表于: 7/28/2004 13:37 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
No I didn't oops
But the FAQ sounds fishy smile

Anonymous 写到:
A joke? Surprised Jedi, did you watch the DNC program on TV? [c]

Jedi 写到:
[/quote]
  • segmentation
发表于: 7/28/2004 14:44 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
Do I always sound fishy to you?

Oh, Jedi. I will call Freestuff to beat u really hard

Jedi 写到:
No I didn't oops

Anonymous 写到:

Jedi 写到:
[/quote]
  • Jedi
发表于: 7/28/2004 14:57 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
No, not always :D

Let me know if you need her number :D

segmentation 写到:
Do I always sound fishy to you?

Oh, Jedi. I will call Freestuff to beat u really hard

Jedi 写到:
No I didn't oops

Anonymous 写到:

Jedi 写到:
[/quote]
发表于: 7/30/2004 13:22 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
John Kerry may be a good President. Who knows? But I never thought he is a good public speaker! This is just my personal opinion. Didn't mean to offend anybody. hehe.. wink
  • Jedi
发表于: 7/30/2004 14:03 发表主题:
引用并回复 快速引用
Thanks for reminding me! Surprised) Surprised)

Politics is a huge game. I've heard of some of the rules. Don't know much about the players, i.e., those interest groups, their needs and their influence. Not sure which team is my home team yet.

I am not ready.

Anonymous 写到:
Jedi,

Don't miss tonight John Kerry's speech then! I am curious to see what kind of new policy he will bring up tonight. As the expectation is so high, he is surely the star on the stage tonight! Success